Thursday, October 6, 2011
24 Facts about Dollar$ & Daialogue (Pt. 2)
The follow-up to our first EP, Dollar$ & Daialogue 1.5 has been received nicely over the past couple of weeks since its release with posts on Kevin Nottingham, Cluster Funk Collective and Hip Hop Wired blogs and positive feedback from listeners on both coasts (the Gulf and West respectively, lol). We've included twelve more factoids from the other half of the D&D duo, L'Daialogue DiCaprio. Check em out below:
13. Most of the samples from the initial EP and new D&D projects consists of classic breaks from old Memphis & New Orleans based records.
14. "Do It Tonight" was the first song recorded for Dollars & Daialogue.
15. At the urging of Mr. J'ai (founding Tygah Woods member), Slangston & L'Daialogue were advised to record an EP vs. an LP because the shorter length made for a better listen.
16. Dollars & Daialogue has been covered by many different publications such as Offbeat Magazine.
17. Dollars & Daialogue has also been covered by KevinNottingham.com, Clusterfunk Collective, Urban Orleans, the REUP Spot, & among other blogs.
18. Each song off of Dollars & Daialogue is an interconnected theme of money-based songs i.e. Payable To Me.
19. Our muse for the ideal "girl" on the song "Ladies In The Crowd" was the actress/poet/emcee/DJ Amanda [Diva] Seales.
20. Touted New Orleans DJ, EF Cuttin contributed to the project representing the legendary PsychoWard Crew which includes DJ Raj Smooth (Lil' Wayne producer), DJ Wop & DJ Bigg Cheeeze.
21. "Payable To Me" was the last song recorded for the project featuring Lyrikill and a flipped sample from L'Daialogue's Wi-Fi.
22. "Rockin Out" was inspired by a recent Honda Odyssey TV commercial sampling Judas Priest's "The Hellion."
23. An extended retail version is in the works for the Dollars & Daialogue project(s).
24. If you listen very closely...there may be ANOTHER hidden track
inside the other hidden track on the project.