Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hip-Hop... The Gift That Keeps On Giving...

Hip-Hop has its fair share of ups & downs for an upcoming emcee, especially if you're putting on your own events & the majority of promo, networking, etc. However, that's another story for another time. A couple of weeks ago, I found myself in a brief period of self-doubt, minute depression and disappointing show attendance et al detracting factors associated with the rap game. That was until I received this "treasure" in the mail from a colleague that reignited my fervor for my culture and my respective place in it regarding a recent performance I had at an elementary school.


Shout out to Byrone & his teacher at the time, Ms. Craven of Truman Middle School for the support the proverbial pick me up! I DID return AND performed at the gym in front of the majority of the student body just as Byrone hoped for with the big homie, DJ Rik Ducci the next year. I signed alot of autographs that day and can only hope Byrone got one.It was a moment I'll never forget and thoroughly enjoyed. We'll work on Byrone's spelling of my stage moniker for another time. As for now, I'm having a positive change of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment